Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (ENS) 187 Visa
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) 187 visa is a permanent resident visa.
It can be obtained by direct entry, transition from 457 visa after 2 years (of continual employment by nominating employer) or by way of labor agreement.
Process of Applications
Before a visa application can be made, the employer must obtain a Nomination approval. An approved Nomination is a prerequisite to a successful grant of 187 visa.
Pitfalls to Avoid
The key pitfalls to avoid in making each of the 2 applications for a 187 visa grant are listed below. The list is comprised of common reasons for application failures.
- Failure to obtain satisfactory endorsement by a regional certifying body;
- Incorrectly nominated occupation from the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL);
- Failure to adequately demonstrate commitment to training obligations;
- Failure to demonstrate a genuine need for the nominated role in the business;
- Failure to document 2 year minimum guaranteed employment .
- 186 Visa application:
- Incorrect occupation for applicant skills, qualifications and background;
- Problems with Skills assessment;
- Insufficient work experience or training exposure to job role tasks.