[button url="http://visafaq.com.au/english-test-systems/" target="" size="small" style="coolblue" icon="" popup="" title=""]Service and Product marketplace[/button]
[button url="http://visafaq.com.au/vendor-dashboard/?view=login" target="" size="small" style="cherry" icon="" popup="" title=""]Tutor Login[/button]
English Testing for Migration and Study
The Australian government recognises 5 English testing systems. They are,
- IELTS - International English Language Testing System
- TOEFL - Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- OET - Occupational English Test
- CAE - Cambridge Advanced English
- PTE - Pearsons Test of English
The table of scores for migration purposes is available here.
VISAFAQ's English Testing for Migration service brings together FREE English testing resources, materials, practice tests with teachers, tutors, examiners and English language specialists from across the world
Teachers, tutors and examiners who register with VISAFAQ English Testing portal are verified for genuine experience and teaching / educator qualifications.
Teachers, tutors and examiners available to provide one on one online tuition have knowledge, experience and expertise in helping test takers score higher grades with the level of English they already possess!
[callout font_size="13px" style="coolblue"]Bundle Packages - Buy and Save with our Bundle Package of FREE practice tests + Text Book (digital download) + Online tuition by qualified and experienced teachers in your preferred testing system.[/callout]
Native Speakers note: You MUST prepare for English Testing for Migration Purposes!
Most native speakers of English from the UK, US, Canada and Republic of Ireland fail to achieve the required scores for skilled migration on the first, second or even third test!
According to Ms Mary Barker, TESOL teaching and examination expert with expertise in IELTS, TOEFL and PTE teaching and assessment, the average score of IELTS for native speakers is somewhere between 5 and 5.5.
The problem for many native English speakers, according to Ms Barker, is their lack of familiarity with the format, structure and process of undertaking a language test.
Many native speakers assume that their fluency is sufficient to score the required target score for skilled migration to Australia.
This is not the case for the vast majority of native English test takers.
The solution for native speaking test takers, according to Ms Barker, is as follows.
- Allow at least 2 months preparation time.
- A practice test needs to be done and marked by a knowledgeable examiner. This will establish a baseline for improvement and will show the examiner/tutor where the test taker's weaknesses lie.
- The test taker then needs to practice with simulated test conditions and to have practice tests marked, assessed and comments for improvement given.
- Over the time the test taker is completing practice tests, the tutor is gaining a better understanding of where the test taker is losing points. Tutors use the grading system of the chosen test system (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL) to point out specific failings in the assessed practice tests.
- The tutor will use this information to target areas of weakness, and improve the grading of the test taker.
- The tutor will finally determine when the test taker is ready to undertake the test with a reasonable confidence of achieving their target score.
[callout font_size="13px" style="buoyred"]Undertake English Testing for Migration test preparation anywhere and anytime with our team of language testing specialists![/callout]